Friday, June 13, 2008

Jobless

Well, on Tuesday Wayne joined the unemployed thousands in this country due to the recession, politics and generally a bunch of bottom line bull crap EDS received an e-mail from a customer saying that someone at EDS had hung up on her. She wasn't sure who done it, but she was upset. I am sure that they assured her that they would fire whoever was responsible. So they looked at all the employees profiles. Wayne had low call times (something the company looks highly on) therefore he must have been the one to hang up on this lady. With no proof and only a hunch, he was let go. Sounds fishy to me too.
I am sure that it was partially due to the fact that HP is looking to buy EDS out and they are trying to cook the books to show that they are making money instead of losing it like I think they are. I am sure that it also has to do with the fact that Wayne was up for a pay raise this month. Wayne said that over the past month several of the people in his area of the office mysteriously disappeared one day never to return to their desks. It is only a matter of time before EDS shoots themselves in the foot so much that they don't have a leg to stand on! Grrr.

Ironically, the lady that I was not getting along with at work, got into a fight with the manager and was consequently fired also. It had been a long standing problem between her and the boss. Anyway, this left a management position open for me to fill. I got promoted on the same day that Wayne lost his job. I have been waiting for this day since I started my job and now all the thunder is gone because I am sad about Wayne. )c:

On the plus side. there are tons of jobs in the Boise area. Unfortunately not many of them pay as much as he was getting paid or pay for insurance. But maybe we can find him a job for now until something better comes along. Sigh

2 comments:

jjclutts said...

Oh my! Should I be happy or sad for you guys. I'm glad you are happier at work. Make sure Wayne applies for his unemployment, it doesn't help alot but should make it where you don't have to take the McDonalds job waiting for something else. I love you,
~Jenn

Vudochki said...

I'm sorry to hear about Wayne's job. I don't find it a coincidence that you received a promotion that very day you needed it. The Lord always is watching over us. I sure miss you, Stefanie. here's our blog if you ever get bored. www.woodfamilyonline.net or www.mckenziewood.blogspot.com
either one will get you to the right place.
~Jessica